August 15, 2020
The Congress for the New Urbanism convened for the first time in a virtual gathering last June, focusing on how New Urbanists are adapting to new realities of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Now it is time for our annual CNU Florida Summit, September 21 to 25, 2020, hosted by our Tallahassee Regional Group. Please take this wonderful opportunity to focus on critical Florida-related issues of Urban and Transportation Design.
The preliminary Agenda includes items of special interest:
- Andres Duany discussing his latest thinking on New Urbanist responses to Covid-19;
- Victor Dover leading a Context Classification Workshop, where participants study and propose how to resolve Complete Streets implementation challenges using Context Classification Tools;
- Chuck Marohn, Strong Towns discussing how Florida cities and towns can better achieve economic stability and prosperity in these unprecedented times;
- Presentation of the Nolen Medal – the Chapter’s highest award.
- Unvacant Lot Design Competition with your team submitting plans to activate a lot of your choice!
CNU Florida has reduced Summit registration fees to as little as $50 for members and $25 for students, still with plentiful opportunities to hear from our movement’s brightest minds, obtain continuing education credits, and to socialize. With no hotel or travel costs, this is CNU Florida’s most affordable Summit ever.
In so many ways, New Urbanists can respond to the unprecedented challenges to our neighborhoods, towns, and cities across Florida. What better time to collaborate, share, and encourage one another as we lead the way?
Rick Geller, CNU Florida Chair
Winter Park, FL